Skin Tumors, known as benign masses, are derived from skin appendages. Most of them require surgical treatment. The simplest example is mole. They do not pose any risk to the skin because they are not malignant. However, they may still need to be removed in order not to create a risk. In this case, special surgical interventions can be provided, and procedures can be performed.
Besides benign ones, there are also malignant Skin Tumors. In such a case you may come across with squamous cell carcinomas or basal cell carcinomas. The diagnosis of these tumors can be made by biopsy. Surgical applications provide solution for all of them. The size of the procedure varies according to the type of tumor. Procedures can be performed by applying local anesthesia.
The persons who are at risk due to skin tumors are;
- People who have easily seen freckling in their skin,
- Light-skinned individuals,
- People who have had skin cancer in their family,
- Persons staying too much in the open air,
- Open injuries that can last for many years without healing,
- People exposed to chronic trauma,
- People with a large number of moles have the most risk.
The main reason for the occurrence of malignant tumors are the harmful rays from the sun. Electricity lamps and tanning light sources may also cause cancer. In this case, successful results can be obtained thanks to the surgical interventions that will be applied to remove the tumors.
Cellular cancers, known as basal tumors, can appear on the skin in different appearances. In this case,
- Pink and white colored small masses,
- Dry and flaked points,
- Red dots,
- Areas with capillaries,
- The points seen as crusted and side by side,
- Glossy and hollow points are examples of this situation.
Depending on the type of cancer and growth stage, local anesthesia procedures can be performed for Skin Tumors. We can also say that cancer cells are destroyed by using electric current without any side effects. The most preferred treatment for skin cancer is cryotherapy and radiotherapy. The specialist surgeon then decides which method that he/she will apply for treatment after the necessary examinations and removes malignant tumors from the patient. Therefore, beam therapy is also one of the frequently used methods.